The Village of Wauconda’s Adopt-A-Roadway program brings citizen volunteers into partnerships with the Village to keep our roadsides and community looking great. Groups of friends, neighbors, coworkers or club members have volunteered to make a positive impact on the area where we live and allow visitors to our community to have a great first impression of our Village.
In this program, each volunteer group is assigned a (minimum) one-half mile section of roadway that they agree to help improve at least three times each year for a two-year period. For more information click here.
Thank you to our participating groups:
- AFSCME Local #2904 – Anderson Road
- District 118 School Board – Garland Road
- ETC Preschool-Wauconda RoadFederated Church of Wauconda – South Main Street
- JJ Twigs Pizza – Gossell Road
- Library Hill – Garland Road
- Wauconda Hoops – Gossell Road
- United Partnership Green Committee – North Main Street
- Village of Wauconda – Route 12 (Bonner to Route 176)
Download an application form today!
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
If you are looking for additional volunteer opportunities, please feel free to contact the following organizations:
- Holiday Walk on Main Event Committee – This popular community event is always looking for volunteers to help. Please contact Alise Homola for more information.
- Wauconda Township Senior Advocate Lisa Knight at 847-526-1800.
- Wauconda Park District – Hosts special events throughout the year and has a volunteer form on their website at http://waucondaparks.org/general-information/volunteer/.
- United Partnership for A Better Community – Fosters and coordinates partnerships to improve the quality of life in our community. Please visit them at http://www.waucondaarea.info/unitedpartnership/Membership.htm.
- CERT – Community Emergency Response Team. Please visit them at http://waucondaema.org.
Do you know about any other volunteer organizations? Just click here to submit your ideas!