Welcome to the Village of Wauconda!
On behalf of the Village of Wauconda Elected Officials and staff, we would like to welcome you and your family to this beautiful place we call home. Wauconda is home to the pristine waters of Bangs Lake and surrounded by many of Lake Counties Forest Preserves. Our quaint downtown offers many different restaurants, shops and businesses to meet almost any need you may have. We also have a bustling commercial corridor and productive industrial park.
The Village is led by a Mayor (or Village President), Village Clerk, and a six-member Board of Trustees who are elected to four-year overlapping terms of office. Residents are encouraged to become involved in their local government by attending meetings of the Board. Village Board meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of the month. All meetings are held at the Village Hall located at 101 N. Main Street and begin at 7:00 p.m. Meeting agendas and approved minutes can be accessed on the Village website at wauconda-il.gov/129/Agendas-Minutes.
The Village Administrator oversees all Village departments and serves as a liaison between the Village residents and the Board. The Administrator supervises the daily operations of the Village with the assistance of a full-time professional staff, including the Chief of Police and the Directors of the following Departments: Building, Planning and Zoning, Public Works, and Finance.The Village of Wauconda staff includes an award winning Public Works Department, top rated Police Department for community safety and a knowledgeable and accommodating Administrative staff located in the heart of Main St. You are always welcome to stop by or call the Village Hall with any questions or concerns. The Village Hall is located at 101 N. Main St. and the phone number is 847-526-9600.
Information for New Residents
Water and Sewer service is provided by the Village of Wauconda and must be set up with our Utility Billing Clerk by email at email@example.com or by calling 847-526-9604. Utility bills are issued on a monthly basis and are due the 24th of each month.
Refuse and Recycling is provided to Village residents by Waste Management. You will need to contact them at 800.796.9696 to set up service or by visiting their website at www.wm.com.
Nicor Gas 1-888-642-6748
Residents are encouraged to ‘stay in the know’ by visiting the Village website and by signing up to receive notifications from the Village. Go online now to register to receive:
- E-News for the Community – an electronic newsletter designed to keep subscribers up to date on Village happenings and news items.
- Emergency Village-Wide Notifications – register your email address or phone number to receive timely updates about potential emergency situations such as severe weather alerts, road closures and crime notifications. You can also click on the bright blue box at the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
Both communication tools can be cancelled at any time.
Residents and business owners can utilize the Village website to find out more information about building and zoning regulations, Village ordinances, the current Strategic Plan, and the Village Comprehensive Plan. You can also find permit applications for garage sales and special events, copies of Village newsletters, the Community Calendar, and even visit our special Shop QA section to view information about our local businesses.
If there is an emergency always call 911 first.
Non-emergency Police Department 1-847-526-2421
Spanish Hotline 1-224-993-0482
Wauconda Fire District 1-847-526-2821
Wauconda Area Library 1-847-526-6225
Wauconda Post Office 1-847-526-7116
Wauconda School District #118 1-847-526-7690
Wauconda Township Office 1-847-526-2631
Wauconda Park District 1-847-526-3610
Wauconda Chamber of Commerce 1-847-526-5580
Wauconda Senior Advocate 1-847-526-2631
Frequently Referenced Ordinances
- A permanent Water Conservation Program is in place from May 15th through September 15th. Street addresses ending with even numbers are allowed to use outside water at any time on even numbered calendar days and street addresses ending in odd numbers will be allowed to use outdoor water at any time on odd numbered calendar days. (Ordinance 52.11)
- No parking is allowed on Village streets daily between 2:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- No parking is allowed on Village streets when there is an accumulation of 2 inches or more of snow and/or ice.
- Grass and weeds cannot exceed 8 inches in height.
- No open burning is allowed inside Village limits.
- Residents are allowed no more than four dogs per household.
- No loud noise from 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM. (Ordinance 132.26)
- Residents are allowed two garage sales each year. If you are planning a garage sale, you must register with the Administration Department. Please fill out the simple online form that allows you to have your sale and post up to 6 small signs on the day of the event. There is no charge for this “ePermit”, which will be sent to your email address. We will also send you the Village rules and regulations to help guide you through your garage sale. Please complete the Garage Sale Permit Application.
*To refer to the entire Village of Wauconda Code Book, please visit our website at wauconda-il.gov/222/Searchable-Ordinances.